Pork Siopao Recipe
For those who are in a food business this pork siopao recipe can be added in your items. Although siopao are very common, you might want to try this too:
1-1/2 tsp. yeast
1-1/2 tsp. sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour combined with
2 cups Soft a silk cake flour
2-1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
4-1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 kilo pork
2 medium-size onions, quartered
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
How to make siopao filling:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in saucepan. Simmer till tender. With dissolved cornstarch, thicken sauce.
- Remove and cut pork into cubes. Add back to sauce and chill until ready to use
How to make pork siopao:
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in half cup of water. Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside. Put remaining water, sugar, oil, salt and half of flour in bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture. To form soft dough, add enough flour. On floured surface, knead soft dough until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and divide into 20-24 pieces. Form into balls and let stand 5 -10 minutes.
- Roll out each ball with a rolling pin, and make sides of dough thinner than center. Put filling in center of dough.
- Gather sides toward center and seal. Put a square piece of paper at bottom of dough. Repeat procedure for remaining dough and filling.
- Let shaped dough rise until double in size. Steam siopao 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce if desired.