Herbal Candy From Carica
Last Sunday, Kabuhayang Swak na Swak featured the process of making herbal candy and it was demonstrated by Mr. Ronald Barangan. The candies were made from natural ingredients like coconut sap, coconut sugar, palm syrup and your choice of tropical fruits. You can use many varieties of tropical fruits like bignay berries, guava, pineapple, papaya or bananas. This is a good home based business making healthy candies. Healthy because many fruits aids in preventing or recovering from illnesses . So without much ado here are the things needed and procedure to make the candies. In the sample below, they use bignay berries to make the candy. Here it goes:
Bignay Herbal Candies
20 grams coconut sap ( use on making tuba )
50 grams palm syrup
50 grams coconut sugar
20 grams maltodextrine
Fruit extract (bignay berries)
Packaging and label for the candies
How to make the herbal candy:
1) Boil the coconut sap on low fire for 4 to 6 hours until the consistency becomes thick. Stir constantly.
2) The thick mixture is called the candy mash mixture. Then add the palm syrup and stir constantly.
3) Then add the maltodextrine to the harden mixture then add the coconut sugar. Stir constantly.
4) Wash the berries and press on a sieve to extract the juice. Then add the juice to the candy mixture and stir until well blended.
5) Let it cool for 30 minutes until it hardens. Then roll the candies and form into a cylindrical shape then cut to desired length.
6) Wrap the candies in wrapper.
More about bignay: the berries are widespread in Asia and among the english names are Chinese laurel, currant tree, nigger’s cord, and salamander tree.
[tag]herbal candy,filipino entrepreneur[/tag]