Pork Siopao Recipe
For those who are in a food business this pork siopao recipe can be added in your items. Although siopao are very common, you might want to try this too:
1-1/2 tsp. yeast
1-1/2 tsp. sugar
1 cup lukewarm water
2 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour combined with
2 cups Soft a silk cake flour
2-1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
4-1/2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 kilo pork
2 medium-size onions, quartered
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup water
How to make siopao filling:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in saucepan. Simmer till tender. With dissolved cornstarch, thicken sauce.
- Remove and cut pork into cubes. Add back to sauce and chill until ready to use
How to make pork siopao:
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in half cup of water. Sift flour and baking powder together. Set aside. Put remaining water, sugar, oil, salt and half of flour in bowl.
- Stir in yeast mixture. To form soft dough, add enough flour. On floured surface, knead soft dough until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down dough and divide into 20-24 pieces. Form into balls and let stand 5 -10 minutes.
- Roll out each ball with a rolling pin, and make sides of dough thinner than center. Put filling in center of dough.
- Gather sides toward center and seal. Put a square piece of paper at bottom of dough. Repeat procedure for remaining dough and filling.
- Let shaped dough rise until double in size. Steam siopao 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce if desired.
Hi, is it okey if i place the mixed and proof duogh in the fridge and continue the filling the next day after office work?
I think you can. Dough usually last for 3 days in the fridge. But the meat filling should be placed in the freezer.
i want to make that perfect siopao 100%, meaning consistently. my problem is that my siopao shrinks, i used different proofing time, i used rolling boil water, not so hot water etc., but my buns sometimes shrinks creating wrinkles on the surface, anyone out there with suggestions, my dough is perfect, just the steaming process.