How to Make Banana Peeling Vinegar
Instead of throwing the banana peels in the garbage can, you can turn it to another product like the banana peeling vinegar. Looks easy to make and I haven’t seen this in the market yet so maybe you can start producing this if you wanted to start a vinegar making business.
1 kg banana peels
8 cups water
1½ cups sugar
½ teaspoon baker’s yeast
1 cup vinegar starter
wide-mouthed glass jars
- Slice a kilo of banana peel, add 4 cups water, then boil.
- Extract the juice of banana peel, decant and filter through cheesecloth.
- Add 4 cups water, 1 ½ cup sugar and pasteurize for 10 – 15 minutes at 60 -65ºC.
- Transfer into sterilized container, half-filled.
- Cool, then add ½ tsp baker’s yeast for every 8 cup mixture. Allow to ferment for 7-8 days.
- Decant/siphon to separate sediments (dead yeast).
- Add 1 c of vinegar starter for every 4 cup liquid. Cover with clean cloth/paper.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for 2-3 weeks or until a sour odor of vinegar is attained. Decant to separate the sediments.
- Fill container to full capacity. Age for a month to produce quality vinegar.
- Pasteurize at 60ºC for 5 minutes. Filter, bottle, seal tightly, label and store.
ako nabebenta ng banana vinegar.Ilocos Sur:-) masarap eto.maasim na medyo matamis
Hello po. Ngayon ko lang po nabasa ito kasi this one is one of our project and i want to ask if what type of banana can be used as a vinegar thank you?
hmm … may nag poproduce na po a ng banana vinegar here in the phils. ? if so, where?
what kind of banana should you use.?
curious din aq sa lasa ng banana vinegar na yan…hmmm…
sa EDB-ITDI makakakuha ng sample ng mother of vinegar. ikaw nga lng gagawa nun.
anu poh ba makukuha ntin sa Vinegar na gawa sa Banana Peel?? anu poh ang lasa??
ah.., ano po ba ang vinegar starter?
elow po pwede ba talagang magawa ang banana peel as vinegar?
helo!im ana ga2wa aq banana feel kc project q i dont know how to start.because of the utensils,please help me
hey there . thanks for the information . it helped me a lot in our research 🙂 DOMO >.<
is it possible even if no vinegar starter?????????
and what is pkg?
what particular milk is to be used in making vinegar starter?
what is the meaning in procedure at number 6?
Use a small hose to siphon the vinegar to another container but leave the sediments.
saan po pwd buy ng vinegar starter? kc sayang po ang banana peel namin after we make banana cake. tnx po & GOD BLESS
txt me pls. 09273594473
good day.. may alam ba kayo na nagbebenta ng banana peel vinegar.pls reply to this.tnx
you can see the procedure how to make vinegar starter in the internet
i nid the vinegar starter……it’s so hard to do vinegar starter
i know how to make vinegar starter but i dont know where it can buy
is there any substitute for the vinegar starter??
wer can i buy the vinegar starter???
hehehe..pwd p bang eexplore pang masyado yan/
kng sip nio yun d bah s sip nio my related literature b?nid q lng kc eh
tong mga to mga pinoy ayaw mag tagalog…
ung starter acetic acid yan pwede ka makabili nyan sa market.. ung mga gamit nmn hindi mahal kaya pwede gawin kahit na cnu.. S.I.P. nmin yan sa physics at maganda kinalabasan.
how can I test the acidity of the banana peel vinegar and compare it to the commercially available vinegars in the market? what methods will I use?
where could i get vinegar starter?
i have a thesis regarding the feasibility of having banana vinegar mass production.
please reply soon
this procedure is not affordable. not all people can afford the utensils needed. i suggests that please help me to find a procedure on how to make paper out of banana peelings….
@David Timothy Navida
The utensils seems not very expensive and can be bought by someone who wants to start a business making vinegar out of banana peel but if you live on the country side then maybe those utensils are not easy to find.